Re: Pragmatically changing a "Record Number"

Surely we're into basic database design. If you have an auto_increment
record key that needs changing from time to time then you've designed
the database incorrectly. Use a 'normal' key field such as
"Product_Id" and have your application generate the number.

Simple.

No?

Graham