Re: Re: PHP eval() fatal error

On Mon, August 27, 2007 12:59 am, Maarten Balliauw wrote:
> Now let's repeat my question: is there any way to gracefully evaluate
> specific code, eventually catch an error and respond to that, without
> using parsekit() or launching another process to get this done?

I missed that you had an E_ERROR parse error.  Sorry.

To answer your question:

No.

You may want to look at various testing frameworks for PHP such as
php_unit and the "make test" of PHP itself to see how they run tests
such that syntax errors in individual tests don't halt the whole
process.

I know for sure the PHP make test fires off a separate PHP process.

Keep in mind that you're asking PHP to try to execute code that it
can't even parse to start with...  Rather like expecting to get an
a.out from a C program that doesn't compile.  Not gonna happen.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?