Re: PHP4 vs PHP5 Performance?

Robert,

C is a low-level language whereas php is a high level language.
ill admit it openly, i am biased toward oop / design patterns.
and i think what i boils down to is what you view as 'icing'
i view as 'bread-and-butter' ;)

personally i shudder when i see a big pile of usntructured code, or
a bunch of functions that are loosly organized, if at all.  this constitues
most php applications i have seen in the industry of which i have
been participating for roughly 3 yaers now.

look at C++, Java, and PHP.  these languages are all written in C;
they are high level, and although php allows you to write proceedrual
code, i think it is best used from an oop paradigm.

-nathan