php to generate java-script

Anyone have a good method of grabbing the current page and reading data
from it?

For example:
<?PHP
 // find all form fields for current page
 function FindFormFields( $page ) {
  if( empty( $page ) ) {
   $data = -1;
  } else {
   if( ( $fh = @fopen( $page, "r" ) ) === FALSE ) {
    $data = -1;
   } else {
    while( !feof( $fh ) ) {
     $line = fgets( $fh, 512 );
     if( eregi( "<input type=\"", $line ) ) {
      $data[] = $line;
     }
    }
    fclose( $fh );
   }
  }
  return $data;
 }

 echo FindFormFields( "http://php.net"; );
?>

The above code would output the following:
Array
(
    [0] =>    <input type="text" name="pattern" value="" size="30"
accesskey="s" />

    [1] =>    <input type="image"

)

Now for the problem I am having and a description of what I am trying to
accomplish:

I want to dynamically generate a form and in doing so I would like to
dynamically generate the following javascript features for said page
  - javascript form validation
  - javascript form field focus

The problem is if I call the current page that is being generated such as
<?PHP
echo FindFormFields( "http://"; . $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] .
$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] );
?>

Not only does it take a helluva long time to load the page but it also
creates a nested array with duplicate values.

My best guess is that the order in which the page is being generated has
something to do with the lag as well as the nested array with duplicate
values.

Could anyone help me or point me in a better direction for performing
these actions?

Thanks in advance,
Jas