Re: Redirection with header (was Re: [PHP] Cookies and sent headers)

At 12:42 PM +0200 8/20/07, Wouter van Vliet / Interpotential wrote:
Only thing I was trying to do was chip in my two cents. Again, I wasn't the one who originally asked the question and I certainly am not "friggen clueless".

Maybe not, but you made some pretty clueless remarks -- like if you could book-mark the page, the annoying refresh remark, and saying the demo displayed "bad practice". None were germane to the intent of the demo, let alone valid.

I just came to think about what the teacher at my Flex course from a couple of months ago said about "good and bad practice". He said there is none. If your solution works good for you, that's your good practice. And if mine doesn't work for you, it's your bad practice - while it is still my good practice.

That's just an excuse to do what you want and call it good -- but, there are good and bad practices.

Something however I am trying to "fight" against, if you let me put it like that - is people approaching "scripts" as if they are "pages". When you are including a "script that is usually called as a page" into another script you should be very aware for any clashes between variables. Another reason why it may be easier to just put in a Location: header and call your script as it was originally intended.

Now, I'm clueless as to what you're talking about.

I think most people agree as to what a web page is and if we are using web languages to communicate with the user, then that is our medium. There are many ways to use web pages and Location: is only one of them. Limit yourself as you see fit.

tedd
--
-------