zip freezes - how to handle corrupt CRC in zip-file

Hi @all,

i´m reading zip-files with the php zip-functions without a problem. Now i
got and Zip containing an corrupt crc (If i open this file via winzip, the
error is shown).

It looks like the php functions for zip-handeling "zip_entry_read" and
"ZipArchive::getFrom..." do not quit on a bad crc checksum.... so these
functions read in the file and than are in an infinite loop. Because i use
PHP-GTK2 my tool feezes and the process has to be killed. On an
web-enviroment this could also a big problem ..... ok, user-zip handeling on
web is not the best idea :-)

I´ve found no way to find out, if an file in the zip file is an valid or
corrupt entry. The output of "ZipArchive::statName" give me no info about
the state of an entry.

Is there any trick out there, how to manage this problem. Maybe this is an
bug or missing feature in the zip extensions. Dont know!

Regards,
Andreas