Re: Re: How to implement a plugin system?

On 8/7/07, Richard Lynch <ceo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, August 6, 2007 4:22 pm, Hamza Saglam wrote:
> > I think I have a rough understanding of the whole process so I should
> > start
> > coding :)
> >
> > Many thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
>
> You may also want to look at how Drupal is doing it, as they seem to
> be bragging about their plugin architecture a lot...
>
> :-)
>
> --
> Some people have a "gift" link here.
> Know what I want?
> I want you to buy a CD from some indie artist.
> http://cdbaby.com/browse/from/lynch
> Yeah, I get a buck. So?
>
> --

they do have quite a bit of plugins.  i found myself stepping through the
code in the audio
plugin recently.  xdebug was a tremendous help, enabling me to cut several
hours down to
about 30 minutes of debug time.  just a tip, you have to install the
external id3 tag library if
you want the embedded flash player to work ;)
any way, regarding the design of the plugin system, i think youll find it
rife w/ design patterns.
including template method, and strategy.

-nathan