Get list of timezones from UTC offset

As far as I understand it is only possible to create a DateTimeZone Object from a string, which describes the timezone.

On the other hand it is not possible (at least I did not find any possibility) to get the users tz string, it is only possible to get the current UTC offset. (via JavaScript or by doing some magic with the users IP)

I wonder if there is a possibility to get a list of possible timezones with a certain offset. I could extract this list from the timezone_abbreviations_list or check the offset for every item in the timezone_identifiers_list, but those solutions seem far too complicated and slow.

So is there a function like
     array timezone_guesses_get(int)
where int is the UTC offset in hours and array is a list of possible timezone names.

thanks,
Norbert