From: tedd [mailto:tedd@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2007 5:02 PM
To: Jan Reiter; 'Crab Hunt'; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  Problem with getting time in EST

Jan:

That's the problem, it doesn't work.

I have mine set for Detroit and it's an hour off Detroit time.

It kind of bugged me that when I upgraded to php5 that I had to
define the default time zone in my code, but then to find out that
it's off by an hour really ticks me off. What's the point of defining
a time zone if php5 isn't going to get it right?

All this time I thought that I was doing something wrong, but it
appears that this is a problem for others as well -- are we doing
something wrong?

Cheers,

tedd