RE: Problem with getting time in EST

At 3:57 PM +0200 8/4/07, Jan Reiter wrote:
Hi!
Try setting the timezone to one of the cities inside it from this list:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.america.php

DST will be taken into account automatically.

Hope that helps.

Jan

Jan:

That's the problem, it doesn't work.

I have mine set for Detroit and it's an hour off Detroit time.

It kind of bugged me that when I upgraded to php5 that I had to define the default time zone in my code, but then to find out that it's off by an hour really ticks me off. What's the point of defining a time zone if php5 isn't going to get it right?

All this time I thought that I was doing something wrong, but it appears that this is a problem for others as well -- are we doing something wrong?

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------