Re: Wordpress Theme Switcher plugin redirect modification

On Mon, July 30, 2007 4:48 am, Erik Gyepes wrote:
> I would like to modify the Theme Switcher Plugin for Wordpress
> (http://dev.wp-plugins.org/wiki/ThemeSwitcher). When I currently
> request
> the page to switch the theme (for example:
> mydomain.com/?wptheme=My+Theme) I'm redirected to the index.php, but
> instead I would like to redirect back to the page where I was before
> (for example: mydomain.com/?p=15)
>
> Here is the code which is redirecting the page:
>
> function ts_set_theme_cookie() {     $expire = time
> <http://www.php.net/time>() + 30000000;     if (!empty
> <http://www.php.net/empty>($_GET["wptheme"])) {         setcookie
> <http://www.php.net/setcookie>("wptheme" . COOKIEHASH,
>           stripslashes
> <http://www.php.net/stripslashes>($_GET["wptheme"]),
>         $expire,                             COOKIEPATH
>             );         $redirect = get_settings('home').'/';
> if
> (function_exists <http://www.php.net/function_exists>('wp_redirect'))
>           wp_redirect($redirect);         else             header
> <http://www.php.net/header>("Location: ". $redirect);         exit
> <http://www.php.net/exit>;     } }

I don't know what added all those links, but it made this pretty
unreadable...

That said, the call to stripslashes is a dead giveaway that something
is very messed up in the code indeed...

This is awfully WordPress specific...

> I've tried to change the $redirect variable to $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']
> but it doesn't worked.

REQUEST_URI is the page you are on right now.

Re-directing there is pretty much an infinite loop.

> Then I realized that I should save the current
> page URL in the cookies, so I've set a cookie and then I tried
> redirect
> the page to the URL in that cookie. It worked, but not as intended,
> there are some situations when it is redirecting in a loop.

Put it in $_SESSION maybe, but not a Cookie.

> Any recommendations how to do it properly?

Rewrite WordPress from scratch? :-v

Ask the WordPress guys is probably the real answer.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?