Re: Re[2]: Reading registry values

> I can't think of anything that a PHP app is going to need access to
> the registry for, so I'm trying to verify that there actually is a need
> for him to access the registry and/or use ActiveX via PHP.  I'm
> guessing that he doesn't need to at all.

I don't _need_ it for anything in the scripts or the server. I _want_ to read
some stuff from the registry for my own purposes. The registry datum is not a
means to an end, it is the end in itself. As for why I need or want to use an
ActiveX control, I am simply going by my past experience with VBScript, which
has only rudimentary registry access methods.

Now I'll go read up on the COM object and see if it solves my problems.
--
Crash