Re: Find file version

On Wed, July 25, 2007 12:26 am, Matt Carlson wrote:
> I've been recently toying with the idea of creating a php script to
> emulate the function of File Hippo's program checker (checks certain
> programs for their version, and then uploads to file hippo to compare
> with what it is released to show a list of available updates.
>
> I've hit a brick wall though.  I know binary files have version
> information available, but can't find anything for php to read this.
>
> Has anyone run across something like this in the past?  Anyone have
> any hints of where to go to start reading this info?

I don't think there is any magical incantation that works for all
binary files...

They all store their version info in whatever portion of the file they
felt like it...

Unless you mean .exe files specifically, in which case it's probably
always in the same place in those...

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?