RE: Malformed Email Date Header

> Looks to me like the \270 is some kinda Unicode character instead of,
> like, you know ASCII '+'...
>
> Dunno how you managed to convince your mail system that you wanted it
> to convert + to Unicode \270, mind you, but there it is.

Hi Richard,

Odd thing is.... all of the other headers of the email (see below for a
snippet of the headers) show the date stamp with the correct + and the
actual Date: header shows a ? instead of a +

I assumed that the 270 is a corrupted character that was substituted with a
? because it didn't know what else to put there.

This error is spread throughout my google searches as some people have had
it happen from versions as old as mid 3 version of PHP through to later
versions of 4.

My only guess is that it seems to be some sort of inbuilt glitch within PHP
that reacts with some common denominator (version of IIS, version of
operating syetem etc) but noones been able to discover a reason.

Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:11:39 ?1000

Note the above how it puts the correct +1000 on the internal header, but the
one that becomes more of an external (or visible) header, has the ?1000

Regards

Chris Aitken
The Web Hub Designer and Programmer
Phone : 02 4648 0808
Mobile : 0411 132 075

Making The Web Work........ The Web Hub
http://www.thewebhub.com.au/
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Confidentiality Statement:
This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain
information that is PRIVILEDGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not the
intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please erase all
copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.