Re: Re: The Official OT "Name Tedd's Grandson" Thread

On 7/26/07, Ford, Mike <M.Ford@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 26 July 2007 16:10, M. Sokolewicz wrote:

> Daniel Brown wrote:
> > On 7/26/07, Daniel Brown <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >     .... or am I going retarded again?
> >

> >    This has been confirmed.  For whatever reason, Gmail isn't
> > showing me the  mark in the subject for this thread.  Perhaps
> > because I'm the OP.
> >
> >    /me shrugs.
> >

> It's not the only, about 50% of threads have it, and another 50%
> don't. For instance, the DOM thread does not have it, this thread has
> it in between Re:'s, Hide the real URL has it, Pirate PHP books
> doesn't, etc.

What are you talking about??? That has to be an artifice of Gmail (and other clients?) -- every single message I've seen in every one of those topics has the  marker, just not always in exactly the same place:

   About DOM function in PHP
  Re:  About DOM function in PHP
   Re: About DOM function in PHP
  Re:  Re: About DOM function in PHP

   Pirate PHP books online?
  Re:  Pirate PHP books online?
   Re: Pirate PHP books online?
  Re:  Re: Pirate PHP books online?
   Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?
  Re:  Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?
  Re[2]:   Re: Pirate PHP books online?
  Re: Re[2]:   Re: Pirate PHP books online?

I think I can kinda see a logic in there to do with a combination of smart and dumb email clients, and when the PHP list server adds a  marker, but I leave it as an exercise for the reader to figure out what it is... ;)

Bottom line, the  marker *is* there on every message, and if you're not seeing it it's 'cos your client is (for whatever reason) stripping it.

Cheers!

Mike

The only threads were  is missing for me are the threads that I started.
All others start with  or Re: [PHP]

Tijnema

--
Vote for PHP Color Coding in Gmail! -> http://gpcc.tijnema.info