Re: Strategy when working with designer(s)?

On Mon, July 23, 2007 3:00 pm, Steve Finkelstein wrote:
> This is more of a conceptual based inquiry. I'm currently working on
> some projects which require me to build system 'X' prior to any
> (X)HTML/CSS/graphics are available to me. A lot of the time, I just
> garble up default tables/forms/images to replace what the designer
> will
> be ultimately adjusting. It's certainly a lot simpler to have someone
> come to you with the CSS/HTML and then building on top of that.
>
> I was curious how do you folks who strictly do development and not
> designing, strategically work with a designer in this fashion? Do you
> have a skeleton you follow or preload some existing templates and then
> code around that? If there's even a book which focuses on such
> concepts,
> I'd be more than happy to purchase and read it.

I'd just build it with a bunch of simple div's and not even worry at
all about layout.

The Designer will *still* come along and do something funky with more
and more and more div's wrapped around div's wrapped around div's to
force you to rebuild the dang thing anyway (sigh), but at least you
have a clean start.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?