Re: can't open a file

Most likely the web server (Apache?) is not running as you (your
username). Maybe it is, in which case take advice from the previous reply.

It's most likely running as another user.  On linux/unix there is a
specific user for the web server depending upon what server.  Apache is
normally, httpd, apache or nobody.  So that user would need permissions.

As a test, give everyone permission to the dir, then run your script and
see what user owns the created file.  Then you can grant only that user
write access to the file.

-Shawn