Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Hmmm

PHP: Order of Objects
PHP: Deadly functions

Oh never mind.

I think we still missing the point main purpose of those books spreading the
information. The other things have to come second.

Only editor was you. Without you all of them useless.

I thing they set up good game here. You believe all this mumbo jumbo to
generate and bring your content to people. Ironically publishers can't bring
your content much more people than pirates.

On Monday 23 July 2007 14:00:31 David Powers wrote:
> Sancar Saran wrote:
> > It was still ripping, They got 18 USD you got 2 USD.
>
> Out of that $18, the publisher has to pay the editor, copy editor,
> technical reviewer, compositor, printer, etc, etc. Unless the book sells
> several thousand copies, the publisher normally makes a loss.
>
> > I'm not
> > sure author of Harry Potter acceps same condition.
>
> The Harry Potter books have sold an estimated 325 million copies. Even
> if the author gets only 10 cents a book, that adds up to $32.5 million.
> I'm sure she gets a lot more than 10 cents a book, but it's the number
> of books sold that makes the real difference, not the amount per book.
> Harry Potter also generates a lot of money through Hollywood movie
> rights. It's hard to imagine the same with a book about PHP. ;-)
>
> > You made everyone rich except yourself...
>
> I don't mind others making money out of my books, as long as they have
> contributed to them in a positive way. Publishing books involves a lot
> of people. They all need to be paid. The publisher takes a gamble,
> paying everybody up front before a single copy is sold. Since most books
> make a loss, it's reasonable for the publisher to take a share of the
> profit of successful books. As far as an author is concerned, the deal
> lies in royalties. The more books you sell, the more you get. I also get
> a higher share of the profit if the book sells more than a specified
> amount.
>
> David Powers

Regards

Sancar