Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

On Friday 20 July 2007, Richard Lynch wrote:
> On Wed, July 18, 2007 6:35 am, Jay Blanchard wrote:
> > [snip]
> > Artificially created by the law, yes.
> > [/snip]
> >
> > Just curious, if this artificiality did not exist what could an
> > author's
> > reasonable expectation be?
>
> Starvation.

I eat quite well giving away code, thank you.  It's under the GPL, but most of
our clients would really not hurt us if they spread it around without the
GPL.  It's just some business models that would lead to starvation.

Musicians would still have performances, as they have for hundreds of years
and as they do now. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx		ICQ: 6817012