Re: simplexml_load_string();

On Wed, July 18, 2007 8:41 am, Ross wrote:
>  $data = simplexml_load_string(file_get_contents($url));
>
> Is there a php4 version of this or does this only work in 5? How can I
> get
> around it?

If you absolutely have to support PHP 4, be prepared for a rather long
and tedious testing period where various funky things in different XML
incarnations will break whichever XML package reader you choose.

At least, that was my experience in all PHP XML solutions before PHP 5.

There are 3 to choose from in PHP 4, I think, plus at least one
popular one that's not built-in, but is just more PHP code.

As Larry points out, dealing with XML is a VERY good reason to go with
PHP 5 and abandon PHP 4.

While nobody can guarantee the next 6 months or year outlook of PHP 4,
I would expect a lot of webhosts are going to phase it out now that an
official EOL has been announced.

http://www.php.net/index.php#2007-07-13-1

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.