Re: Session Issues with Certain ISPs

On Wed, July 18, 2007 9:35 am, Mark Tuma wrote:
> I have a fairly simple set of php scripts which use session variables
> pass information from one page to the next in an online booking system
> for an event.  In most cases these work fine, but users with a couple
> of
> ISPs are consistently unable to use the system, as the session
> variables
> seem to get lost along the way.  The troublesome ISPs are AOL and
> BTOpenworld.
>
> Does anyone have any experiences that could shed light on this for me?

Not sure how they'd manage it, but if AOL is failing to deliver the
proper cookie headers, they'd lose track of there session and pretty
much be logged out for all intents and purposes...

I have the same issue, but always assumed it was browser-based, or,
rather, browser-settings based, as I could never reproduce it even
with the same browser version.

So "Try another browser" has been my only remedy so far. :-(

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?