Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

At 7:05 PM -0500 7/18/07, Larry Garfield wrote:
On Wednesday 18 July 2007, tedd wrote:

 And just because they do, doesn't make it any less accurate either. I
 don't care if Hitler agreed with me, there is a fundamental wrongful
 act of taking something that is not yours regardless of what you, and
 others, may call it.

First "Hitler and the Nazis"[1] reference.  You lose!  Thanks for playing. :-)

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_Law

Wow, that was interesting.

But I can't help but think that if someone wanted to use the worst person imaginable to define a limit, I think Hitler would be it.

As such, Godwin's law really doesn't apply here. I wasn't calling or inferring anyone or the other side as Hitler. I was using Hilter an extreme to make my point that if even he sided with *me*, it wouldn't lessen my argument -- guilt by association does not apply here. And, that was my point.

It's like defining good and evil -- at some point in the conversation someone is going to use the words God or satan.

But, if you read further about Godwin's law, you can see that one can abuse the law by miscasting the event, as you just did.

So, Bzzzt! You lose! Better luck next time.  :-)

Lot of interesting stuff out there, huh?

Cheers,

tedd
--
-------