Re: Sessions Lose Form Field Data When Back Button Used?

From: "Richard Lynch" <ceo@xxxxxxxxx>
It's still browser-dependent, really, but now your browser isn't doing
what YOU want for your form-filling-in-experience...

I like this. I'll have to add it to my "operator error", "pass the buck" bag of tricks.

There's still nothing you can do about it from PHP, unless you want to
make the user who LIKES it that way have a miserable experience, since
you force their browser to not behave they way they expect it.

Well, the users expect the old behavior, so I need to maintain it until a redesign. In a way, my only user is the VP. Then he will tell others that this is the desired behavior LOL.

You have to call session_start() on every request to have sessions
working in that request...  I doubt that you want to skip that for any
page involved in your FORM processing...

Agreed. Such code would not be reached anyway because my approach is to now have the browser cache redisplay the form data and not reload my script.

Ignore this "problem" for awhile and see if it doesn't go away.
(read: you realize it's not really a problem)

Are you really a CEO?  I like your style.