Re: html emails and plain text dectection

On Mon, July 16, 2007 8:58 am, Ross wrote:
> I am using the code to send an html email (phpmailer class) now I need
> somehow determine if the recipient uses text only email and change
> email to
> plain. Is this possible?

Not really...

I mean, you could send them an email with an HTML "enhanced" (cough,
cough) body that has a "click here" and a plain text link that goes
somewhere else, and if they click on one or the other, you know if
their current email reader, which might not be their usual mail
reader, does or doesn't do HTML enhanced (cough, cough) email...

You really should ask them when they subscribe, so they can CHOOSE if
they want plain text or that bloated blight upon the land known as
HTML enhanced email.

Not that I'm biased or anything :-)

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.