Re: Creating thumbnails

On Tue, July 17, 2007 4:44 am, elk dolk wrote:
> Stephen <stephen-d@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Subject: Re:  Creating thumbnails
>
>  Vanessa Vega wrote:
>> Good day to all!
>>
>> I would like to ask for some help with creating automatically
>> thumbnail
>> pictures using PHP..

Did you even try to Google "PHP automated thumbnail"

Cuz there are only a few million pages about this out there...

> What about security issues ? people can look at your source code to
> see the path and image name and place it in the address bar to access
> the image directly without loading your script. How can you prevent
> them?

You can't, not really...

There are barriers to access you can implement to varying degrees of
success, but if my browser can show the image to me, then I've got the
image, and what I do with it after that point is beyond your control.

Most of the barriers you can implement are crude hacks that will annoy
legitimate users more than they are worth.

If you want to have the hi-res image unavailable, but the thumbnail is
freely available, you pretty much just put the hi-res outside the
webtree and authenticate any way you like...

Google for "PHP authenticate user" should do the trick on that.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?