Re: Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Anyone who is concerned about the trees doesn't need to steal the book. They can buy it as a PDF.

Janet

Richard Davey wrote:

Hi Crayon,

Monday, July 16, 2007, 4:22:14 PM, you wrote:

I think no matter which way you dice it, sending 1 email is a lot more
energy efficient than printing 1 book. Just because the tree itself is
renewable, the *energy* used in cutting it down, turning it into paper,
turning the paper into a book and all the transporting in between, is most likely not renewable.

It wasn't about comparing emails to paper, it was about stating that
at least ripping off someones book as a PDF saves the environment,
while I'd argue that the very act of reading it electronically is
still detrimental to the environment. The irony just amused me.

Cheers,

Rich

--
Janet Valade -- janet.valade.com