About PHP/XML/XSLT/MYSQL Web Sites

I'm trying to setup a XSLT based web site.
I wasn't exactly sure about the flow of the whole system when data from relational database is transferred to XML and in turn the data inputted from the user is relayed back to the database through XML (or directly to the database with PHP DB connection). I built a flowchart illustrating what the flow of the XSLT/PHP/MYSQL system might be like. If you think it's the wrong way or an inefficient way of getting user inputted data back to mysql, I would appreciate any comments. If you cannot download the PDF file, you can bring it up with direct address the the file: http://www.envigan.net/CMSFLOW.pdf