From: Chris [mailto:dmagick@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 7:43 PM
To: Daniel Novotny
Cc: 'php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re:  ftp_ssl_connect

Daniel Novotny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running PHP 5.2.0 on a RHEL4 server with FTP and OpenSSL enabled:
>
> ftp
> FTP support => enabled
>
> openssl
> OpenSSL support => enabled
> OpenSSL Version => OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003
>
> I am aware of the issue of ftp_ssl_connect() silently failing to
> ftp_connect() in my version of PHP; however, I am curious if there is a
way
> to tell why the initial ftp_ssl_connect() failed in the first place. I am
> currently utilizing cURL in my program as a stand-in until I can get this
> figured out, so I can tell you that this is truly a FTP over SSL and NOT a
> SFTP (ssh) scenario. I can verify that the initial ftp_ssl_connect()
failed
> because the server I am connecting to has two different username/password
> for secure and non-secure FTP connections. When I try and issue a
> ftp_login(), I get "User secure_user cannot log in", telling me that the
> function has indeed fell back to the non SSL function. I have also done
TCP
> dumps to back up this idea. They confirm that communication takes place on
> the standard FTP port, not the 990 port. Please let me know if you need
any
> more additional info in order to help me get this mystery solved.

Is it a proper ssl certificate (ie purchased through thawte or some
other site) or a dummy one that someone made up?

Can you manually telnet to the secure ftp port or does that fail? (ie
check that the firewall isn't blocking the connection).

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/