Re: Getting WAY OT now Re: PHP Brain Teasers

At 10:32 AM -0400 7/6/07, Daniel Brown wrote:

   An article I just read this morning is quite fitting for this
exact discussion:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/07/02/bigbird_ani.html?category=animals&guid=20070702170030&dcitc=w19-502-ak-0000

Not a bad article, but just speculation based upon the Geological assertion that "The present is the key to the past." For most things, it works reasonably well -- but, we don't know for sure.

For example, several hundred million years from now when mankind is history and some alien paleontologist is looking through the rock record and stumbles across the fossilized remains of a penguin, he might speculate that these critters had to be the fastest animals on earth to get those short wings to work.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------