Re: PHP as a strategic BUSINESS language

At 10:17 PM -0400 7/4/07, Mark Allen wrote:
I had high hopes for it when I started down the path, and was glad to find
this list thinking that it would be a great resource for using PHP to help
solve BUSINESS issues but basically 80% of the questions have nothing to do
with BUSINESS issues but "how do I do X" questions which IMO should NOT be
necessary for a true BUSINESS programming language.  Those that aren't in
the 80% are "Tricks/hacks", something to show off and do not represent a
solution to actually make PHP a language that can solve real world problems.

I'll keep it in my toolbox for the simple, quick way to get something to the
inter/intranet but other than that it's not ever going to be a major player
in Real World business solutions.

Good Lick ALL....

Sounds like reflections in a mirror, dude.

True BUSINESS is using the tools at hand to make money. If you have to wait for someone else to create an "approved" way for you to do business, then you'll always be a follower picking up crumbs from someone else's table.

I've probably pissed away more money than you'll ever make -- and php works fine for me.

tedd
--
-------