Re: Selecting Rows Based on Row Values Being in Array

kvigor wrote:
Ok Jim,

This is what I have so far and I'm still working it out.

$in_list = "".join('',$someArrayList); // do I really need to concatenate
it needs to be

	$in_list = "'".join("','",$someArrayList)."'"; // you need the quotes!!

or separate anything here since my array values will be '7orange50lbs'? // this is the format I want.
You are going wrong right here.  First off you took out all the quoting

Your search items must be quoted and separated by commas. Remember, we want it to check a list/array() of items

$in_list must look like this when done 'item1','item2','item3'....

in SQL, this is a list.

$query_One = "SELECT * FROM shoe WHERE CONCAT(size,color,weight) IN({$in_list})"; // size, color, weight are my column names

if you echo $query_One , what do you get?

$result = mysql_query($query_One ,$connection) or die("Query failed: ". mysql_error($connection));
before you run the fetch, you need to double check that you got something back, otherwise you will get an error from php.

if ( mysql_num_rows($results) > 0 ) {
	while ( $row = mysql_fetch_array(
} else {
	echo "No results";
}

$row = mysql_fetch_array($result);

and I would recommend that you use either *_assoc() or *_row() instead of *_array().
Doesn't use as much memory, and your resulting $row variable doesn't have two of what you are looking for.

This is the error I get back from the query:
Query failed: Unknown column '6blue40lbs' in 'where clause'

This is because you took out the quotes from above.  Put them back and it might just work.

SQL will see the un-quoted 6blue40lbs and think that it is a string.
If it was quoted, it would not.

// where am I
going wrong?

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare