Re: HELP - I have tried to unsubscribe from this listmutipletimes but cannot.

-Patrick wrote:
Stut wrote:

I've never known an unsubscribe request to need identity confirmation. Are you sure you're asking the system to unsubscribe you not subscribe you?

I'm really not sure how, or even if it's possible, to escalate this to the next level. I've subscribed and unsubscribed to PHP lists various times with several addresses and have never had any issues.

I call PEBKAC.

-Stut

Yes, I tried every link on that confirmation message when nothing would
work. And I am 110% positive I have used the confirmation-unsubscribe
link. It sends me a message asking if I am sure that I want to UNsubscribe.

Great, I am stuck receiving the email equivalent of spam(since I do not
want to receive it) for the rest of this email address's life. wtf.

-Patrick

no, you have to make sure that you are sending and receiving all messages through this account.

If you have more then one account configured in your email client, make sure when it sends out the message, that it is using the account that is registered with the php mailing list. I had the same problems years ago, until I realized that I was sending the requests from the wrong email account.

Not that I was submitting the wrong email address, but when I sent the request, it would send me the confirmation email, when I replied to that message, I used the wrong account because the default account in my email client was a different account then what I was getting the mailing list from.

Just a suggestion from someone that went through  the exact same problem.

--
Jim Lucas

   "Some men are born to greatness, some achieve greatness,
       and some have greatness thrust upon them."

Twelfth Night, Act II, Scene V
    by William Shakespeare