Re: HELP - I have tried to unsubscribe from this listmutipletimes but cannot.

-Patrick wrote:
this message below should not have gone through as I tried to unsubscribe shortly before this reply

You do not need to be subscribed to post to this list.

-Patrick wrote:
Yes, I am still having a problem,after trying to unsubscribe AGAIN, it sends me a confirm message. I reply to it then it sends me back the confirm-identity message, I reply with the text block it requires and still no positive result. I must mention that in the past when I have tried to do this it occasionally did not send me a confirm-identity message. It appears to randomly ask for confirmation of identity.

I've never known an unsubscribe request to need identity confirmation. Are you sure you're asking the system to unsubscribe you not subscribe you?

I'm really not sure how, or even if it's possible, to escalate this to the next level. I've subscribed and unsubscribed to PHP lists various times with several addresses and have never had any issues.

I call PEBKAC.

-Stut

--
http://stut.net/

Stut wrote:
-Patrick wrote:
Don't be jackasses - I specifically stated "I have tried to unsubscribe" What does that mean to you? That I just 'said i did' and didn't actually try it??? I used the official unsubscribe link at the bottom . IT DIDN"T WORK FOR ME!

Tell us what you tried and any messages you got. We're not mind-readers. And don't confuse being jackasses with simple sarcasm. And don't be so sensitive.

All I want is a Moderator or someone who runs the list or whatever to actually remove my email from the list - no matter how many times I attempt to unsubscribe using the links it doesn't work. Is that possible?

This list is not moderated so there is nobody that can remove you from the list. You need to go through the process.

I've use the form on the mailing list page to send an unsubscribe request to your email address. You should receive an email with instructions that you need to follow to complete the process. If you have problems feel free to let me know.

-Stut