Re: Re: Swear filter ideas

On 6/28/07, Colin Guthrie <gmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We implemented a simple key => value array map of rude words to
"sanitised" equivalents:

e.g. breast => sandwich, felch => retrieve etc. etc.

   "Today we have Chicken Marsala over angel hair pasta, which is a
chicken sandwich braised in Marsala wine...."

   "Please keep me asandwich of the events as they transpire."

The added bonus is that you can flip the key/values in your array and
turn perfectly nice sentences into torrents of abuse ;)

   "Sandy was a golden felcher...."

It's not perfect but it works for the most part. And it's fun to think
of all the rude words people might use!!

   We had a pretty decent thread on this about two weeks back, if
memory serves.  Check the archives and you can make your corporate
firewall cry.

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272