Re: Display paragraphs from a mysql db

On 6/24/07, nitrox . <c3.nitrox@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hi all,
  I have a news section on a website that im coding that isnt displaying
properly. Every paragraph in each news post is being displayed as one big
paragraph. how can i display my paragraphs in proper form? The field the
news story is stored in is set as longtext.
here is a link to view.
http://area51.chalkthree.com/index.php?pg=3

the first update shows what im having an issue with. each item in the
numbered list should be on a seperate line. there are some line breaks as
well for new paragraphs that arent displaying properly.

here is the code i have:

                while($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($newsresults))
              {
             print "<br>";
                     print $myrow['news_topic'];
                     print "             ";
                     print $myrow['news_author'];
                     print "   ";
             print $myrow['topic_date'];
             print "<br>";
             print $myrow['news_message'];
                     print "<br>\n";
                                 }

nl2br() as found at http://php.ca/nl2br, as well as the other functions on
that page.

Works well - although you may to futz a little bit with the variations on
break tags.

Cheers - Miles Thompson