Display paragraphs from a mysql db

hi all,
I have a news section on a website that im coding that isnt displaying properly. Every paragraph in each news post is being displayed as one big paragraph. how can i display my paragraphs in proper form? The field the news story is stored in is set as longtext.
here is a link to view.
http://area51.chalkthree.com/index.php?pg=3

the first update shows what im having an issue with. each item in the numbered list should be on a seperate line. there are some line breaks as well for new paragraphs that arent displaying properly.

here is the code i have:

		while($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($newsresults))
             {
	     print "<br>";
                    print $myrow['news_topic'];
                    print "             ";