Re: If statement duplicating mysql records?

On 6/20/07, Jim Lucas <lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I would look at your result set and see if you had multiple lines
returned.  One person mentioned that you might be using a JOIN in you
SQL call.  This could lead to multiple lines.

Start investigating your SQL statement I would suggest.

   Actually, it looks like this is the system I started writing out
for him a week or two ago, and unless he changed the SQL queries,
there were no JOINs in there.

   Jason, just to be sure, can you include the SQL query being sent,
first with the PHP variables (if any), then with the actual translated
SQL?

   For example:

       $sql = "SELECT task_id FROM tasks WHERE
task_id='".$_POST['taskid']."' LIMIT 0,30;";

       "SELECT task_id FROM tasks WHERE task_id='24' LIMIT 0,30;"

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272