Re: Persistent MySQL Connection

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Wed, June 13, 2007 8:53 am, PHP Mailing List wrote:
I currently running my php as cgi as it is more controllable in shared
hosting, the drawback is I cannot use mysql persistent connection so
mysql_pconnect() function is not an option. Is there any mysql
connection pool product for php running as cgi ?

The MySQL list could probably recommend several MySQL connection
pooling software packages, with PHP/cgi being largely irrelevant to
the question...

It's incredibly unlikely that your shared hosting server will actually
install any of them, mind you...

Persistent connections is probably not the road you should be on in
the first place.

How long are your connections taking?

Hi Lynch,

Sorry for very late reply.... Just see your reply. I think it will take as long as 5 minutes average. Any solution will be very appreciated.

Thanks !

Feris