Re: PHP calling an ISAPI Extension

Yes, the ISAPI would be on the same machine, sorry I didn't mention that earlier. I'll go take a look at COM.

- Daniel

"Jochem Maas" <jochem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:467797CE.2010109@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dan wrote:
For example, I could use function fsockopen but that seems like it would
probably be pretty slow doing all that, and if there's a php function or
small script that would be preferable over the 50/60 lines you would
need to do it properly with fsockopen.

with the caveat that it'll only work as a GET request (which probably means no cigar for you), and requires that your php is setup to allow open urls (ini setting 'allow_url_fopen')

$response = file_get_contents('http://your.iis.machine/some/path/some_isapi.dll?foo=bar');

otherwise the fsockopen() route is all that seems to be open to you, given that curl reliance is a no-no. - the biggest factor in the response speed is likely to be the server at the other end (assuming the network connection between the 2 machines is generally ok), so if things are slow you might consider caching the results locally (again, assuming that this is feasable.)

is the isapi extension on the same machine?
if so maybe it has a COM interface with which you can talk to it?

http://php.net/com

no idea if that is feasible - I've never really used IIS, let alone had to deal with isapi extensions.

- Daniel

""Jay Blanchard"" <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
[snip]
I'm in need of a way to contact an ISAPI Extension from a PHP function.
Does anyone know how I would be able to do this?  Usually you would post
page to their URL/actionname.  Can I do a POST from a PHP function
without
reloading the page, and get a result back?  That's one tall order.
Anyone
want to give it a shot?
[/snip]

Do the POST with an AJAX call