Re: if test

Jochem Maas wrote:
please keep posts on list.

jekillen wrote:
On Jun 17, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Jochem Maas wrote:

jekillen wrote:
Hello again;
does the following test pass if the file is successfully included:
if( include( some file ) )

or does it pass with:
if( ! include( some file ) )
have you tried it?

Well, typically while waiting for a reply, which I thank you for,
I did browse through My Oreilly text Programming php
which did not have anything definitive, and looking at
the manual which did not have anything completely
satisfying, I did try it as if( include( some file ) ) and
it worked. But I also testing a file that I knew would
cause an error, sure enough the else conditional
did smear error messages all over the browser  window.

I have no idea what else condition you mean and I also have no idea
what these 'error messages' are or what they have to do with the
original question (which I had assumed was about the testing return
values from an include statement ... something you could have gleaned
from the manual and a couple of tests.

So I did:
 if(file_exists( some file ))
   {
    include(some file);
   }
Thanks again
JK

Im not exactly sure either about what you mean but you could give it a try using try {} catch {}