Re: Php script diagnostic app?

Thanks a lot for that post Paul.

It brings up a question though. You said to never ever use that on a
production server (an important disclaimer!) so I was wondering what
people here used to log and simulate loads. I've used OpenSTA (
http://opensta.org/ ) and I was pleased with the results but it only
works with windows. What do you guys generally use under linux? Just
squid? Something else?

I suppose I can just set up a windows box if I have to since OpenSTA
acts as a transparent gateway but if there's a good linux solution out
there for recording usage and playing it back concurrently I'd like to
hear about it. With OpenSTA to create a test script it's as easy as
clicking the record button to create the script and stop when you're
done. Then you can go in and manually edit the script if you like and
you can play it back as many times as you'd like concurrently (thereby
simulating many users). Anyone know of anything like this?

Thanks

On 6/18/07, Paul Scott <pscott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 06:39 +0200, Paul Scott wrote:
> If you would like a more detailed HOWTO, please let me know, and I will
> write up something for you.

http://fsiu.uwc.ac.za/index.php?module=blog&action=viewsingle&postid=gen9Srv59Nme5_9262_1182142431&userid=3897070607

--Paul

All Email originating from UWC is covered by disclaimer http://www.uwc.ac.za/portal/uwc2006/content/mail_disclaimer/index.htm