Re: Edinburgh, Scotland: PHP Developer Position

Jochem Maas wrote:
Edward Kay wrote:

But the advert is for a GRADUATE developer ;) Whilst your messages to this
list show you know a lot about PHP, I doubt you've managed to fit a degree
in yet :)

What does a graduate php developer earn in Scotland? and is it
the the piece of paper that's important or is it a reference to the
general skill level (personally I don't see much direct corellation
between academic capabilities and practical coding/sysadmin skill).

just thinking out loud guys :-)

This is always beat around...and my 2 cents are that all the "piece of paper" is worth is showing you have a certain level of commitment needed to complete the degree program (important for any job), and that you have the ability to learn. Granted...there are always exceptions to the rule...

Plus, at least in the US, it [a degree] always opens the door for more money! ;-)

Edward