Re: Calling Pascal code/functions from PHP

Right now the program isn't a dll it's a desktop application written in Delphi, but when I take the visual components out it will be Pascal, so I could compile it ot a dll. I want to emulate the same functionality the desktop application had, thus when the user uploads a file, the Pascal call would parse then create an object of the data, that I could later access when the user specifies a computation to do on the data. So it sort of needs to run in the background be always on, etc. I need to be able to call individual functions, get repsonses, etc.

""Daniel Brown"" <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ab5568160706151433x42261241m1fa929d2527029e2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 6/15/07, Tijnema <tijnema@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 6/15/07, Dan <frozendice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I know for some languages there is a way to call code from another > language. > For example you can call C funcitons from Pascal, etc. Is there any > way I
> can call Pascal functions/code from PHP?

Compile the pascal code as an executable, and call it with exec/system/...
Or, I don't know if it's possible, you might be able to compile the
pascal code as an extension, but that's hard stuff :P

Tijnema

   Are you compiling the Pascal binary as a shared object or dynamic
link library, or is it a function within an executable that you're
trying to create a hook to?

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272