Re: Re: London PHP salaries

Nope, that is Euros. But imagine that i pay 250 for my car each month, 330
for rent, then I have a girlfriend who lives an hour away... gosh, that
little bit of money is going down like the titanic *g* Been thinking of
selling some scripts of mine on the internet tho to make some more... let's
see what my boss has to think about that *gg*

Cheerio mate

Chris

""Daniel Brown"" <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
On 6/14/07, Chris <christian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Daniel
>
> My net (after taxes) are about 22k. So you better think twice before
> moving
> to germany ;o)
>
> Chris
>
> ""Daniel Brown"" <parasane@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 6/14/07, Colin Guthrie <gmane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Chris wrote:
> > > Hi Javier,
> > >
> > > well, in germany (at least what I have seen so far)... the min offer
> > > was
> > > around 23k. I get about that money myself, and I live really cheap,
> > > with
> > > cheap car (cheapest you can get), and a girlfriend who doesn't need or
> > > want
> > > much. So if you have a family, in a town like London: go for at least
> > > twice
> > > that. AT LEAST :o) go for 30k, and if they don't wnan give you that,
> > > you
> > > better stop thinking about that job.
> >
> > Also make sure you don't get confused with currencies and remember we
> > still use GBP in UK, not EUR!
> >
> > Consider that London Underground general workers can be on £22k and I'd
> > suggest as a lead PHP developer in Zone 1 you'd be looking for at least
> > £30k (GBP NOT EUR!) but probably more considering relocation costs and
> > family considerations etc.
> >
> > Col.
> >
> > --
> >

>     Shit, *I* need to move to London, Spain, or Germany.  As the
> senior PHP/Unix geek in my company (not "a" senior, "the" senior), I
> only make a salary of $31,200 with barely any benefits.  That comes
> out to 23,443.39 EUR, or 15,844.62 GBP at present (courtesy of
> XE.com).
>
>     The area I live in doesn't offer much in the way of technical
> jobs, so any of you considering moving to America, keep in mind the
> difference in economic climates and microclimates, as well as the
> salary-to-cost-of-living ratio (which is shrinking rather quickly).
> --
> Daniel P. Brown
> [office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272
> [mobile] (570-) 766-8107
>
> --

    Yeah, but that's not in US Dollars either, is it?

--
Daniel P. Brown
[office] (570-) 587-7080 Ext. 272