Re: sending mail from localhost

On Wed, June 13, 2007 2:07 pm, Daniel Brown wrote:
>     As for the SPAM filter stuff, all of the rest makes sense, but the
> intention of the design.  Refer to RFC 822 Part 4 Section 1 --- the
> reply-to header is intended for use as an "authenticated address."
> It's not really considered "authenticated" if you put the information
> in manually, right?  Or am I experiencing one of those contagious
> Brain Fart [tm] moments?

Intent inschment.

The spam filters just go with what works, mostly, and they've noticed
that lazy spammers don't have Reply-to: and most decent mail clients
used by Real People do, and they take a point off for it.

And we could go on at length about broken email clients that do or
don't handle From: without Reply-to: correctly, but the long and the
sort of it is, I'd advise folks to add the Reply-to: even if it's the
same as From: if you want your mail to get through and the email
clients to "work right" when they go to reply to it...

That's just been MY experience.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?