Re: Address validation API's for PHP

On Jun 13, 2007, at 10:52 AM, Daniel Brown wrote:

Hi Jay,

I actually work with the post office on my day job, we do presorted
mailings with them. And I can tell you that the post office does not
sell any addresses to private individuals. For the mailings we do
where we need to get a list we have to go to a third party to get the
list.

The stuff you're looking at is probably the CASS software, or maybe
Delivery Point Validation. Both of which you run on your current
mailing list to make sure you qualify for the cheaper postage rates.
I can also tell you that the CASS software costs about $1,000 a year
for access to match your addresses against the database. :) But I
don't think it really does what you are looking for.

You may want to look into a third party place like InfoUSA[1] since
they sell the addresses (We use them sometimes in fact) they may be
able to do what you are looking for.

[1] http://www.InfoUSA.com

   Jason:  Tell them to stop raising the price of the damned stamps!
Offer to take a pay cut and take one for the team.... I'll buy you a
beer.
If only it was that easy... :) And actually if you want to send 200 pieces or more I can knock your postage down somewhere around 6.6¢ for the right type of mailing :)

It's called work share, I do the work, they don't charge as much :) Now.... Where's my Beer? :)