Re: Going from simple to super CAPTCHA

On 6/12/07, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 15:06 -0400, Daniel Brown wrote:

>     Okay, here's something I whipped up today:
>
>     http://pilotpig.com/captcha/index.php
>
>     Works pretty well, but keep in mind that it's in the very early
> stages.  I randomized the position and size to assist in throwing off
> Turing detection, and added color not only to screw with the
> color-detection schemes, but also in case it overlays the target
> bubble.  It's 600x400, so that's 240,000 potential spots to click,
> with random size, location, and area coordinates thrown in the mix.

Nice, one problem though... the text is unreadable on some backgrounds.
I suggest you outline it or something. Easy to do by drawing the font 5
times. 4 times for the outline where you offset the drawing location by:

Then change colour and draw the font at the original location.

Cheers,
Rob.

Yes noticed that problem too, but this seems quite easy to crack, Get
the text from the image, get the color of the text and search for tha
tcolor circle.

Tijnema

Btw, I clicked the pixel in the middle, and did 10 refreshes, and I
had 5 right....