Re: Looking for help with forms/variables and an array!

BSumrall wrote:
I am sure I am on the right track.
Register globals is turned on!

I am getting the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[''] LIMIT 0, 1'
at line 1

mysql_select_db($database_ftn, $ftn);
@extract($_POST);
$query_Recordset1 = "SELECT * FROM lstng_tbl WHERE price_range=
'[$select1]'";

$query_Recordset1 = "SELECT * FROM lstng_tbl WHERE price_range = '[$select1]'";

Why do you have brackets in this statement?  Are they actually in the data that way?

Try this,  curly braces:
$query_Recordset1 = "SELECT * FROM lstng_tbl WHERE price_range = '{$select1}'";

I am trying to get a php form variable into the above sql query.
'[$select1]' if changed back to the number 1 will bring up a record just
fine.
Putting in a variable produces the error.

How do I get a php form variable into a sql query?

Below is my form

<form id="form1" name="form1" method="post" action="index_dev.php">
        <label>market
           <select name="select1">
			   <OPTION value="1">Indiana</OPTION>
			   <OPTION value="2">Wisconsin</OPTION>
			   <OPTION value="3">Illinois</OPTION>
			   <OPTION value="4">Michigan</OPTION>
			   <OPTION value="5">Georgia</OPTION>
			   <OPTION value="6">Florida</OPTION>
		     </select>
        </label>
   </form>

Brad

Interesting suggestion.

I though ajax was mainly gear towards microsoft and javascripting
applications?