Re: Not getting expected result from file()

kvigor wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the file function create an array.  I'm using a value from a
> form to see if it matches in elements in the array.
>
> My problem is I expect  the condition to be true but info but my DB isn't
> populated as I in the right DB...
> =================Code
> Begins======================================================
> $theFileArray = file('C:\htdocs\folder1\file.txt');

Your problem starts here - file returns the file in an array. Each element
of the array corresponds to a line in the file, with the newline still
attached. When you compare to a string without the newline at the end, the
comparison fails.

If you have php > 5.0.0 you can use the FILE_IGNORE_NEW_LINES flag in the
file() arguments, otherwise use trim() to remove trailing whitespace from
the array elements.

Cheers
--
David Robley

"I hate playing craps," Tom said dicily.
Today is Boomtime, the 16th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3173.