Re: Transparent image resizing using php 4.4.x

On 6/9/07, Sukhwinder Singh <ssruprai@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have tried many ways to resize a transparent gif but it works on my local
server which has php 5.1.6 but none works using php 4.4.x

Also the below works when using imagecopyresized and not imagecopyresampled.
I have no clue why that is the case as imagecopyresampled is supposed to
produce better results.

I have php version 5.1.6 locally (windows) and this works:

<snipped code>

But the above doesn't work using php 4.4.x and creates images with lots of
white lines/dots in it. Some pixel is transparent and some it isn't. I have
no knowedge about image manuplation like alpha channels etc.
Could anyone please provide me a solution which works using php 4.4.x

Sukhwinder Singh

I don't think it has anything to do with the PHP version, but with the
version of the GD library used.
What version of GD are you using on both systems? You can see it with phpinfo:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

Tijnema